At Kongo Design, we value your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. The purpose of this policy is to provide you with information about how and why Kongo Design collects and processes your personal data when you visit this website (regardless of where you visit it from) and/or when you sign up for our newsletters, inquire about our services or otherwise interact with us through this website.
Please note that this website is not intended for children, and Kongo Design does not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you are younger than 16, you may not use this website.
- WHO WE ARE
- THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DATA SECURITY
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
1. Who we are
Kongo Design “we”, “us” or “our” here, we are referring to the company responsible for processing your data.
2. The personal data we collect about you
Personal data means any data or information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where your identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different types of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Contact data, which includes your email address
- Identity data, which includes your first name, last name.
- Technical data, which includes your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage data, which includes information about how you use our website.
We do not collect personal data about you other than the information which you voluntarily provide to us through this site to fulfill the purpose of your request such as to subscribe to a newsletter.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this mean details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic, and biometric data or any information about criminal convictions and offences).
3. How we collect your personal data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your identity and contact data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- fill in a form on this website (such as the one on our “contact” page)
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
The ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so are listed below:
- To register you as a new customer > type of data: identity, contact > Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest: performance of a contract with you.
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences > type of data: technical, usage > Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
5. Disclosure of your personal data
We will not share your personal data with the internal, external or third parties.
6. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
7. How long we retain your personal data for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.